My son took his first steps last week so his very proud mummy made these yummy footprint cookies to celebrate! They were so quick and easy, and are perfect for baking with the kids. My recipe will make roughly 15 to 20 medium-sized cookies.
- 185gm unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup of caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 whole egg
- 2 cups of plain flour
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line baking tray with baking paper
- Using an electric mixer, beat melted butter, sugar and vanilla until creamy
- Add egg and combine with ingredients using electric mixer
- Stir in flour and combine using a wooden spoon
- Roll a small ball of dough onto baking tray and flatten to desired thickness (my cookies are less than 1cm thick)
- Press cookie cutter on to flattened dough, and remove edges of dough around cutter
- Remove cutter and repeat process (make sure cookies are at least 5cm apart on baking tray)
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes or until slightly brown
- Allow to cool before removing from tray
- Decorate with icing (icing sugar, a little water and food colouring), sprinkles, etc.