Baked rice made with homemade chicken stock
This recipe was sent in by Radmila Koloska
- Homemade chicken stock (see method below)
- 3-4 drumsticks
- 1 cup (250ml) rice
- 1/2 an onion, diced
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 1 tbsp Red Paprika
- Vegeta, salt and pepper to taste
Homemade chicken stock:
1. Pour 1.5 litres of water into a pot.
2. On low to medium heat, boil the chicken drumsticks with the water until the meat is about to fall off the bone. (If water evaporates, top it up and simmer for 15 more minutes so it mixes in with the stock)
1. Add oil and the ½ diced onion into a frying pan and cook onion until glassy.
2. Add cup of rice into the pan and combine, then add the ½ diced tomato. Cook together until the tomato is soft and combined with the other ingredients.
3. Remove frying pan from heat and mix in 1 tablespoon of red paprika. Pour mixture into a baking dish (tepsija).
4. Add 2 cups of the homemade chicken stock and 1 cup of boiling water to the rice in the pan. Add vegeta, salt and pepper to taste.
5. Place drumsticks in rice and bake in the oven at 190 degrees Celsius until rice is cooked and the water has mostly dried up.
TIP: With the leftover chicken stock, you can make homemade chicken soup.